Skip to main content

POLNES Summer Course 2017. Totally Fun?

Hello .. I am Ali Alfayed. You can call me Al because most of my friends call me with that name and I think it is a cool name, isn’it..? I'm 19 years old. I love travelling and learning foreign languages. This is the first time I share something  on a blog. And here I want to share my experiences during the Polnes Summer Course 2017


After signing MoU


What is Polnes Summer Course? Well, Polnes Summer Course is like a student exchange held by State Polytechnic of Samarinda (Polnes) and cooperate with some universities from the other country. I heard that Polnes students have the opportunity to get scholarship abroad for 1 month. Wow ..! That's a very good opportunity to be achieved. This year Polnes has cooperated with UCTS Serawak and Nanjing University. So, 2 lecturers and 4 students from Malaysia. 1 Lecturer and 4 students from China. They stay in Samarinda from July 23 until August 1 2017. It  is about a week. They attended  some classes and also travel to some tourist attraction in East Kalimantan. Especially Samarinda, Tenggarong and Balikapapan 


Why could I join this Summer  Course ..? Well, i'm in Tourism Department and Polnes Team needed 4 people from my major who can speak english. God Bless me.. I am one of them. The other eight are chosen by ICEE Team who are also good at English.
These are the names chosen for the 2017 Summer Course. These  name are sorted randomly , not grade. Ok ..?
1. Fachry Ramadan (Civil Engineering)
2. Rindani Mekar Sari (Tourism)
3. Andika Maulana (Tourism)
4. Josh Batoteng (Accounting
5. Febri (Design Product)
6. Nadia (Design Product)
7.Rezky Nur Hikmah (Tourism)
8. Lutfi Shabrina (Marketing)
9. Ali Alfayed (Tourism) 
10Rahma Annisa (Marketing)
11. Ronny (Marketing)
12. Yandhika (Marketing)


First time, we did not know each other. Only a few of them I know and I am still not too familiar with them. But, during the summer course I feel they are like my friend, my best friend and my family. We laughed and shared many stories. What a fun experience for me.

The night before the H-day , Fachry and I picked up students and lecturers from malaysia at Balikpapan Airport. I was very nervous. What should I do and say when meet them. I was afraid they would not understand what I'm saying. When they arrived at the airport and meet them. I was wrong .. they are kind and understanding especially his lecturer, Mr. Ramli. He inspired and motivated me to become a succesful person. I like him and i want to be like him. Become a big (Succesful) person? Yes haha ​​..

Day 1 and Day 2 after they arrived in Samarinda..
there were  a formal event where we attended  signing MoU and some classes about tourism marketing with students from China and Malaysia also 


After class. We learned about tourism marketing and strategy


I am very grateful to Polnes Team especially Mr. Fauzan, my beloved lecturer ;D He invited me to join this Summer Course . I am happy and proud to be a part of the summer course where I have many experiences, learned some  foreign languages ​​and learned culture and character in different way. So, is it totally fun? OF COURSE, it is! :D

Well, I think it is enough for me to tell you a little bit about Polnes Summer Course 2017 . and about doing a tour  I probably post it later. So stay tuned ;)

Comments